SOLIDWORKS® Plastics takes the guesswork—and the risk—out of designing plastic parts, allowing you to accurately assess manufacturability, functionality, and quality, throughout the design process. The result is shortened cycle times, reduced defects, and the elimination of costly rework.
Read more to learn how SOLIDWORKS Plastics enables you to eliminate expensive mold re-work, optimize part quality, and ensure manufacturability in a familiar, efficient environment by giving you the tools to:
- Prevent manufacturing errors. SOLIDWORKS Plastics lets users easily identify and correct potential manufacturing errors during the design process.
- Eliminate expensive mold rework. By sidestepping rework, manufacturers can save thousands of dollars and weeks of lost production time.
- Reduce the need for secondary processes. An optimized molding process cuts the need for secondary processes, such as polishing, deburring, or flash removal.
- Optimize manufacturing cycle times. Reducing cycle time requirements enables more cycles and more productivity.
- Perform tests quickly and accurately. Complex simulation functions are conducted through an intuitive, streamlined interface.
- Reduce material waste. Optimal placement of stringer channels and vents reduces material consumption.