3DPartFinder is a shape search engine that finds and display parts similar to the initial inquiry either from an existing file or from a rough 3D sketch directly in SOLIDWORKS. Search in SOLIDWORKS PDM or locally, analyze your parts and Stop parts duplicates and quasi-duplicates parts proliferation.
3DPartFinder is a shape search product that does for parts what Google does with text: They find and display parts similar to the initial inquiry. That initial inquiry can come in various ways. One approach is to load an existing file of the target part and launch 3DPartFinder. Another approach is to sketch an image of the target part in SOLIDWORKS, and then have the search engine find similar parts. Suitable matches are displayed in an assembly of SOLIDWORKS that ranks them according to their similarities for further analysis. As necessary, you can rotate any part in the assembly and access any detailed information or function available in SOLIDWORKS. You can easily launch another search using any file results returned by the first search, and you can tell the engine how many results to return. 3DPartFinder Analytics can manage database and find Duplicates and Quasi-Duplicates (nearby-parts) to reduce part numbers and inventory or help standardization process!
- Finds all similar parts to a reference based on their shape
- Is fully integrated in SOLIDWORKS and returns the search results ranked by similarity in a SOLIDWORKS assembly
- Finds parts that were created in different references and is independent from any keywords or language in which the part was created
- Launch a search from an existing 3D CAD file or from a 3D sketch
- Signature extraction is native to SOLIDWORKS
- 3DPartFinder will save you a lot of money when you start a new design using one of the part returned by the search, or, even better, will eliminate the creation of a duplicate
- You can select the best part for your design among the search results using any functions of SOLIDWORKS since 3DPartFinder is fully integrated in your CAD system
- Parts found by 3DPartFinder are ranked according to their similarity to a reference and you can immediately access parts data, rotate them, compare them within SOLIDWORKS
- 3DPartFinder is so easy to use and so fast to find all similar parts that it becomes the cheapest and most efficient way to implement part reuse
- With 3DPartFinder, every part to be created becomes an opportunity to reduce costs and deliver your project faster
3DSemantix have created a 3D search engine technology, 3DPartFinder, in order to find similar, duplicates or mirror parts and related information using a 3D MODEL as input instead of alphanumeric characters. We provide different solutions using our shape-based and text search engine.
How to buy
33 Prince Street
Montreal QC H3C 2M7
3DPartFinder uses geometric CAD data for its search rather than alphanumeric characters. It can search a database of millions of parts and identify duplicate and/or similar geometry in seconds with…