BuiltWorks is an add-in application for real-time steel design within the native SOLIDWORKS environment, providing tools for 3D solid parametric modeling, analysis and design, connection detailing, and automated generation of both drawings and bills of materials.
BuiltWorks is an add-in application for real-time steel design within the native SOLIDWORKS® environment, providing tools for 3D solid parametric modeling, analysis and design, connection detailing, and automated generation of both drawings and bills of materials. BuiltWorks was developed to meet the architectural, engineering, construction (AEC) and plant, process and power industries' requirements for high-performance flexible modeling tools that include extended integration capabilities.
- Axis-based grid system. Floor elevation system. Section and material database. Advanced database of standard steel sections by international standards. Material database for structural steel linked to sections.
- Advanced possibilities to create and place BuiltWorks structural members both in part and assembly alone in a group, in array by nodes, and by selected sketch segments. Member editing individually and by group – siting, rotating, mirroring, offsetting.
- Special features connection detailing. Member aligning, cutting by intersection or user-defined shape-reflecting priorities. Fast placing of connection plates. Standard and user-defined connections database. Solution for connection copying within the model and from other models.
- Export/import of SOLIDWORKS® model to/from third-party structural analysis and design software like STAAD.Pro. Import of design results with parametric model update reflecting results of the analysis and design by building code requirements. Export/import of SDNF.
- Generation of standard drawings: general arrangement, detailed fabrication and workshop drawings of steel assemblies. Generation of axis grid representation object. Automatic dimensioning between grid axis, and between general grid lines.
SolidACE develops software solutions within the SOLIDWORKS environment for the AEC plant, process and power markets. SolidACE was created by experienced and dedicated structural steelwork software professionals and a team of longtime SOLIDWORKS development experts.
How to buy
Lukiskiu str. 3,
Learn the modeling, detailing and data interoperability features of BuiltWorks from SolidACE