Ecosystem for Design Assessment and Verification
Ecosystem for Design Assessment and Verification is a comprehensive design decision support system with the central purpose of uncovering design oversights early in the design process. This product provides opportunities to help the SOLIDWORKS user community improve the fidelity of design decisions.
The Ecosystem for Learning and Team Design is a comprehensive design decision support system with the central purpose of uncovering design oversights early in the design process. The product addresses the following concern: "If a reliability problem is detected during the engineering phase, the cost of the product goes up by a factor of 10. However, if the problem is not detected until the production phase, the cost of the product increases by a factor of 100 or more". The Ecosystem for Learning and Team Design, developed under the SBIR Phase 1 grant by the NSF, has been used by capstone design teams at Portland State University, University of Nebraska - Lincoln, University of Minnesota - Twin Cities, and New Mexico State University. It is in the process of being adapted to the needs of the Berkeley Formula Racing team. By integrating the design decision rules from the Ecosystem into SOLIDWORKS and deploying the solution as an add-on (in a similar fashion to the Xpress tools), there are great opportunities to help the SOLIDWORKS user community improve the fidelity of its design decisions.
- Helps designers learn proper design techniques, develop engineering judgment, and foster creativity in a stimulating, user-friendly fashion
- Significantly reduces the cost and risk of engineering design projects through early and automatic identification of design pitfalls
- Reduces the development time of designs by improving productivity without compromising quality or creativity
- Offers a wide range of flexibility in supporting design processes employed at different engineering organizations (accounts for multiple degrees of variation)
- Increases productivity by promoting rigid adherence to phase-appropriate design process activities
- Increases designer efficiency by automating many time-consuming administrative and information management tasks
- Incorporates an array of phase-based design utilities
- Enables designers to consolidate efforts and design iteratively within each phase to avoid costly, whole-process iterations
Imagars is a start-up company, located in Portland OR, that is developing an Ecosystem for Design Assessment and Verification under a Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) Phase 2a grant from the National Science Foundation (NSF).
How to buy
2062 NW Thorncroft Drive, Apt. 1214
Hillsboro, OR 97124
This invention presents Ecosystems addressing limited capabilities for interactive team design, amidst thrust for improved productivity, enhanced creativity and higher quality.