R&B Mold & Die Design
ElectrodeWorks designs electrodes with just a few mouse clicks. One dialogue creates both simple and complex shapes including face extrusion and Boolean extraction, automatic geometry selection, sizing and hole filling when needed. Automatic EDM and manufacturing drawings and output to EDM machines.
ElectrodeWorks automates all aspects of extraction, design, management, documentation and manufacturing of EDM electrodes. Fully integrated into the SOLIDWORKS environment ElectrodeWorks guides you through the electrode design and production process. You design the electrode through a comprehensive yet easy to use user interface; the electrode manufacturing and EDM positioning drawings, and the machining files are created automatically.Choose the holder and electrode blank shape from the standard, user extendable parametric shape library through the Add Electrode environment and select the burn faces. The electrode is automatically placed and sized according to customizable factory setup parameters. An exact face option allows electrodes to span disjointed areas w/o holes (automatic hole closure on request), avoiding the need for clearance operations. Parameter and Position dialogues allow you to fine tune the electrode positioning and orientation. On validation the electrode is then cut, showing clearly the burn faces.Other functionality includes:- Adding clearances.- Spark & Pattern gap creation.- Animation of the electrode.- Automatic and copying of the electrode to same or similar burn areas.- Instantaneous drawings of both the electrode manufacture and EDM burn process.- Technology metadata definition and output.- Process setup and output to EDM pre-processors.
- Automatic placing and sizing of electrodes from selected burn faces according to customizable factory setup parameters
- Add Clearance enables you to create tangent, normal, and draft offsets at the electrode/part interface through integrated solid trim functionality, powered by our easy-to-use dialogue system
- Drawings are instantaneous and complete, including sheets for electrode manufacturing and EDM burn processing
- Technology is defined through a dedicated dialogue that defines material and allows you to scroll through the built-in surface finish standards according to E, Rmax and Ra
- Process setup of the rough-to-finish spark gaps and the pattern method and definition are defined through the same dialogue, as well as safety z-level penetration for each of the different spark gaps
- Time saving
- Eliminates user errors
- Accessible to all, from novice to expert
- Easy modification
- Allows company standardization
R&B, Ltd. develops and markets powerful, easy-to-use 3D mold design tools for the plastic mold and die industry including three totally integrated SOLIDWORKS Gold Partner products; MoldWorks for mold design, SplitWorks for core & cavity creation and ElectrodeWorks for electrode manufacturing.
How to buy
R&B Mold & Die Design
32 Beit Guvrin Str.
P.O. Box 1409
Ramat Hasharon 4711301
ElectrodeWorks designs electrodes with just a few mouse clicks. One dialogue creates both simple and complex shapes including face extrusion and Boolean extraction with automatic geometry selection.