With FormatWorks, you can import data, validate translations, verify model quality, and publish MBD data directly from within SOLIDWORKS.
FormatWorks extends the SOLIDWORKS data translation capability by providing automatic, accurate, and reliable bi-directional translation for SOLIDWORKS. It supports native CATIA V4 and CATIA V5 data formats not available in SOLIDWORKS. Automatic repair and healing ensure that imported 3D CAD models meet the criteria set by SOLIDWORKS to form valid solids. FormatWorks Survey - If you answer yes to any of these questions, then FormatWorks is a tool for you: 1. Do you need to translate native CATIA files? 2. Do you need to review the MBD (Model Based Definition)? 3. Are the translations you get directly through SOLIDWORKS correct? If not, have you seen these errors? - Import Diagnosis Errors - Faulty surfaces and gaps - Surfaces that do not and will not knit into solids - Missing geometry - Deformed models - Surface explosion - a one-to-many surface translation 4. If imported models are not correct, how successful are you in fixing them? 5. Are you wasting a lot of time getting good quality translations? 6. Do you redesign parts in SOLIDWORKS because the translation failed? 7. Do you translate many files with SOLIDWORKS? 8. Do you import large models into SOLIDWORKS? Supported formats:- Import to SOLIDWORKS: CATIA V4, CATIA V5, CATIA V5 PMI, UGS, UGS-PMI, Pro/E (WildFire), Pro/E-PMI, Inventor, ACIS, STEP, IGES, VDA-FS, VRML, STL, XML- Export from SOLIDWORKS: CATIA V4, CATIA V5, Inventor, ACIS, STEP, IGES, VDA-FS, VRML, STL, XML
- MBD (Model Based Definition) – View GD&T and PMI for CATIA V5, ProE, UG, and STEP A203 ED2
- Batch Translation - Efficient translation of large assemblies, and multiple CAD data sets
- Preview/Select/Translate - With large models and assemblies you can preview and select only entities you are interested in getting into SOLIDWORKS
- Manual Repair Tools – Provides easy-to-use tools and workflows to fix problems that SOLIDWORKS is unable to
- Feature Translation – Simplifies complex entities that can be recognized as SOLIDWORKS features
Capvidia is the leading software developer for Model Based Enterprise interoperability. Since 1994, Capvidia has developed integrated, standalone applications and components for CAD, PLM, CAE, and quality processes.
How to buy