Learn More About the Transition to 3DEXPERIENCE Login and DSx.Client Care & Order
We have put this FAQ together to help you navigate two important changes in the way SOLIDWORKS® manages your identity and entitlement records in our systems.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is changing about the way SOLIDWORKS manages my identity and entitlements?
1. A new account entitlement system: SOLIDWORKS has begun a multi-stage project to unify our customer records with the system that manages all other 3DEXPERIENCE® brands at Dassault Systèmes, called DSx.Client Care & Order.
The first set of resellers and their customers have already migrated to the new system. To find out whether your reseller and your records have migrated and how to manage your subscriptions going forward, scroll down to item 8. What does the transition to the new customer record system mean for me?
Read on to learn what this means for you and how to log in with your SOLIDWORKS ID.
2. I am new to SOLIDWORKS. What do I need to know?
If you are new to SOLIDWORKS, these changes affect the way your subscription was set up and how you access it.
- Your account was created in the new system if your SOLIDWORKS order email does not mention the Customer Portal. (In addition, your reseller and region will be listed in the migration table below.) Follow the steps in item 10. How do migrated customers access their Subscription Services benefits? to access your subscription. You will only use a 3DEXPERIENCE ID and you do not need the Customer Portal or a SOLIDWORKS ID.
- Your account was created in the existing SOLIDWORKS system if the first instruction in your SOLIDWORKS order email is to go to the Customer Portal, where you create your SOLIDWORKS ID using your serial number. Then when you access your product download or training, you enter your SOLIDWORKS ID in the 3DEXPERIENCE login page.
3. Can I log in on the 3DEXPERIENCE login page with my SOLIDWORKS ID?
Yes! If you have a SOLIDWORKS ID, such as the one you use to log in to the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal, use it to log in on the 3DEXPERIENCE login page.
- Email address: Enter the email address for your SOLIDWORKS ID.
- Password: Enter your SOLIDWORKS ID password.
For most users, that’s all it takes, but some people with SOLIDWORKS IDs may need to create a new password if you can’t remember it or if you are prompted to do so. Going forward, you will use this password to log in on 3DEXPERIENCE login screens.
4. Why is it important to use the same email address for my SOLIDWORKS and 3DEXPERIENCE logins?
Switching to the 3DEXPERIENCE login page is part of the project to unify two separate authentication and customer record systems. We will use your email address to join your SOLIDWORKS ID and existing entitlements with your 3DEXPERIENCE ID in DSx.Client Care & Order.
5. Does it matter if the passwords are different for SOLIDWORKS and 3DEXPERIENCE logins?
No, it doesn’t matter if the passwords are different. Only your email address matters. If you do have different passwords, use the one for your 3DEXPERIENCE ID in the 3DEXPERIENCE login screen, and the one for your SOLIDWORKS ID if you see the SOLIDWORKS login screen. You will manage these passwords separately.
6. How does the dual login system work?
The 3DEXPERIENCE login page communicates with the SOLIDWORKS account system. The first time you log into the 3DEXPERIENCE login page with your SOLIDWORKS ID, it finds it in the SOLIDWORKS system and creates a mirror account in 3DEXPERIENCE. Your email address is the link between the two systems. This mirror account allows you to have different passwords in the two systems.
7. Can you give me any troubleshooting tips?
Yes. Scroll down to the Additional Tips section.
8. What does the transition to the new customer record system mean for me?
People whose reseller and records have been migrated need to know about the new way subscriptions are managed. The list of resellers and regions is under item 11. Who has been migrated so far?
9. I have not been migrated. What do I need to know?
If your existing account has not been migrated, you will continue to set up your subscription by registering your serial number in the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal, which will continue to use the SOLIDWORKS login page until the migration is complete.
10. How do migrated users access their Subscription Services benefits?
Migrated customers no longer need to visit or register serial numbers in the Customer Portal.
Going forward, entitlement will be defined at the organizational level. Your organization will be entitled to Subscription Service benefits as long as it owns and maintains SOLIDWORKS products. Any contact within your organization will be considered entitled.
Your individual Subscription Services benefits will now be assigned by your Administrator. When you want to access Software Downloads, Training, Knowledge Base or Support, you simply log in and the system will look up your entitlements in the new system.
If you are new to SOLIDWORKS and your reseller and region have been migrated, you do not need to go to the Customer Portal. You create your 3DEXPERIENCE ID using the same email address that your Administrator used when they added you as a contact.
Should you have any issue with your Subscription Service benefits, please contact your SOLIDWORKS Administrator or Reseller.
11. Who has been migrated so far?
Your records have been migrated if you live in one of these regions or are supported by one of these resellers.
|Estonia||–PLM GROUP EESTI OU|
|Finland|| –AIP PIKAMALLINNUS OY
–PLM GROUP SUOMI OY
|Ireland||–SOLID SOLUTIONS IRELAND|
|Latvia||–PLM GROUP LATVIJA SIA|
|Lithuania||–UAB IN RE|
|United Kingdom|| –DESIGNCO LTD
–DESKTOP ENGINEERING LTD
–MGC TECHNICAL SERVICES LTD
–SOLID APPLICATIONS LIMITED
–SOLID PEOPLE LTD
–SOLID SOLUTIONS MANAGEMENT LTD
–TECHSOFT UK LIMITED
–THOM MICRO SYSTEMS LIMITED
|Indonesia||–PT ARISMA DATA SETIA|
|Singapore|| –CADVISION SYSTEM PTE LTD
–CSG SOFTWARE PTE LTD
–F1 IN SCHOOLS PTE LTD
–NWH HOLDINGS PTE LTD
–SEACAD TECHNOLOGIES PTE LTD
–SELFPAC3D PTE LTD
|South Korea|| –CUBIC SYSTEMS INC
–DOONA INFORMATION & TECHNOLOGY CO LTD
–HANYOUNG SOLUTECH CO LTD
–KNSOLUTION CO LTD
–MAVEN CO LTD
–NODEDATA CO LTD
–PRISM CO LTD
–PROLAB CO LTD
–SOLKO CO LTD
–UBERMENSCH CO LTD
–WEBS SYSTEM KOREA CO LTD
|North, Central, and South America|
|Argentina|| –ANIMARI S A
–ARES ARGENTINA SRL
–DISEGNO SOFT SRL
–HIPERNET S A
|Brazil|| –BLTW ENGENHARIA LTDA
–CAD 3D WORKS IMPORTACAO DE HARDWARE E SOFTWARE LTDA
–LWT SISTEMAS LTDA
–MECHWORKS TECNOLOGIA LTDA
–NOVA DIDACTA COMERCIO DE EQUIPAMENTOS INDUSTRIAIS E DIDATICOS LTDA
–SISCAD TECNOLOGIA LTDA
–SKA AUTOMACAO DE ENGENHARIAS
–TECMES TECNOLOGIA METODOLOGIA SERVICOS E COMERCIO DE INFORMATICA LTDA
–UVW COMPUTACAO GRAFICA LTDA
–YJP CONSULTORIA E SISTEMAS LTDA
|Chile|| –DISEGNO 3D SPA
|Columbia|| –ARON SAS
|Costa Rica||–INK TRADE SOCIEDAD ANONIMA|
|Dominican Republic||–3DESIGNERS CAD STUDIO SA|
|Ecuador|| –BKB MAQUINARIA INDUSTRIAL
–INNOVA 3D SA
|Peru|| –CAD SOLUTIONS SA
–INGE 3D SAC
|Venezuela||–INVERSIONES AT GROUP SOFTWARE CA|
12. Why is this transition happening?
Dassault Systèmes (3DS) has been working towards a unified ordering and support management system to improve many aspects of our business, including the end-user experience. Our goal is to have clients across all 3DS brands serviced by a single business system. This will allow 3DS and our Business Partners (i.e., Distributors, Value-Added Resellers) to give you a best in class experience.
13. Are more changes coming?
In the coming months, we will slowly transition all our users to DSx Client Care & Order through a phased approach to minimize disruptions. We will update this page when new sets of migrated resellers, regions, and users are added.
After the migration is complete later this year, the 3DEXPERIENCE login system will stop communicating with the SOLIDWORKS account system and your account will live on as a 3DEXPERIENCE ID.
Here are some tips for responding to login messages and other questions about the new experience.
14. I am a migrated user, and I already have a 3DEXPERIENCE ID. What should I do?
- If you only have a 3DEXPERIENCE ID, use it to log in.
- If you have a SOLIDWORKS ID and a 3DEXPERIENCE ID with the same email address, use the 3DEXPERIENCE ID to log in.
15. My Subscription Service benefits don’t seem right. What should I do?
If you are a migrated user, contact your SOLIDWORKS Administrator or Reseller.
If you are not a migrated user, make sure you have registered your serial number in the Customer Portal. For additional assistance, contact your Administrator or Reseller.
16. I got the message: “Welcome! We found your account, but it needs a new password” in the login screen.
Your email address is recognized, but you need to create a new 3DEXPERIENCE password to log in with it.
17. I got the message: “This e-mail is associated with a SOLIDWORKS ID” in the new account screen.
If you got this message when trying to create a new account with your SOLIDWORKS ID email address, it means that you do not need to create a new account. Instead, go to the login screen and enter your SOLIDWORKS ID email and password. If the password doesn’t log you in, create a new password to use in the 3DEXPERIENCE login screen.
18. I got the message: “Incorrect username/email or password” in the log in screen.
1.First, make sure you have typed your SOLIDWORKS ID email address correctly. The screen will say “Welcome” to the email you typed even if the system doesn’t recognize the email address. Use the “I am not…” link to enter a different email address.
2.Next, make sure your password is correct.
3.If you still get this message, reset your password. Going forward you will use it in the 3DEXPERIENCE page. However, if you do not receive the password reset email, then the system is not able to recognize the email address you entered as a SOLIDWORKS ID or 3DEXPERIENCE ID, and you need to get help from your Site Administrator or VAR. You can also make sure your SOLIDWORKS ID is active by logging into the Customer Portal.
19. I got a message about a “technical error”.
If you get a message about a "technical error" when you try to create a new 3DEXPERIENCE ID with your SOLIDWORKS ID email address, it is possible that your SOLIDWORKS ID has not been used for a while and has been moved to an inactive state. Go to the Customer Portal and log in to reactivate it, then try logging in on the 3DEXPERIENCE page.
20. Is there anything else I can try?
Clearing your browser history can often eliminate random problems from previous sessions.
21. What should I do if I cannot log in?
SOLIDWORKS and Dassault Systèmes make it a priority to resolve any login issues as quickly as possible. Despite our preparation for this transition, sometimes issues need to be addressed manually on our side. If you cannot log in to the 3DEXPERIENCE login page after trying the suggestions listed above, contact your reseller. They have the experience and direct connections to SOLIDWORKS and Dassault Systèmes to help you resolve your issue.
22. How can I find out who my reseller is?
If you don’t know who your reseller is, please email us at: CustomerCenterSR@solidworks.com.