Technical Support Engineer, Electrical
JOB TITLE: Technical Support Engineer, Electrical
LOCATION: Boston Campus~Waltham, MACompany Description:
Dassault Systèmes, the 3D Experience Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes’ collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 150,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com.
CATIA, SolidWorks, ENOVIA, SIMULIA, DELMIA, 3D VIA, 3DSwYm, EXALEAD and Netvibes are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corporation is seeking an individual to provide technical support to resellers and end users of its SolidWorks 3D CAD design software and accompanying electrical design applications.
• Analyze, track and resolve customer issues in a professional and timely manner.
• Liaise with the Development, Quality Assurance, and Product Definition groups to investigate and resolve problems.
• Diagnose and solve a range of issues, including, but not limited to: installation & setup, general 3D modeling, electrical engineering application specific usage, and hardware related software issues.
• Develop workarounds and operating techniques for specific situations and communicate them to customers and resellers.
• Help develop and implement web based support initiatives including knowledge bases, technical and operational techniques, documentation.
• Provide technical support to resellers and customers.
• Remotely troubleshoot reseller/customer software issues, installation and licensing issues, PC software performance and stability issues using web applications.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 3+ years work experience in a design, manufacturing environment, or technical support role.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Electro-Mechanical Engineering, related field, or equivalent
• 3 years minimum work experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
• A Bachelor's or higher degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
• Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
• Ability to function independently in a team environment
• Strong problem solving skills
• Experience with 3D solid modeling systems a plus
• Fluency in English and at least one other language is highly preferred.
• Previous experience working with ECAD and electrical design software packages (e.g. AutoCAD Electrical, Zuken E3, EPLAN, Elecworks) highly preferred.
• Experience with design and documentation of wire harnesses and cable assembles
• Experience with design and documentation of control systems and panel layouts.
• Knowledge of E-CAD systems integration solutions and E-CAD/PDM and related technologies
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience that is above average in the local community. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match, 3 weeks’ vacation and 8 paid holidays plus 4 floating holidays.
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
Dassault Systèmes is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
For immediate consideration, Please apply on-line: