HCV Data Management GmbH: Porta-X
About HCV Data Management GmbH:
From the real world, for the real world. The services of HCV Data Management GmbH cover process-chain analysis, system consulting, implementation, and project management in the field of CAD-PDM-PLM.
- Create, change, and display Document Info Records in SAP PLM (similar to EPDM data cards)
- Check documents into the SAP Content Server – with automated creation of neutral formats such as PDF
- Check them out for viewing or editing
- Create, change, and display Material Master Records – they are automatically linked to the appropriate documents
- Search for materials using SAP match codes and open the linked documents directly in SOLIDWORKS
- Find documents in SAP and graphically browse through the results lists
- Generate SAP Bills of Materials (BOMS) directly from SOLIDWORKS assembly structures or drawings with a mouse click
Designers prefer to work with SAP as little as possible. In Porta-X, they can see just enough SAP data. Porta-X enormously simplifies navigating in SAP, and the ability to use it from within SOLIDWORKS can be learned quickly thanks to the SOLIDWORKS Feature Manager. The SAP information displayed in the SOLIDWORKS Feature Tree is fully customizable.
Advanced Common Work technology ensures rapid access to all current versions, even for very large assemblies – without time-consuming copy operations. It also forms the base for concurrent engineering across any number of locations.
One key feature is the optional MultiDIR technology: By merging the model and drawing as well as the corresponding neutral formats into a single Document Info Record, this technology simplifies operation – the model and the corresponding drawing are always checked out and in and versioned together – the model and drawing versions are always the same!
With the Porta-X batch mode, you can even generate all Material Master Records and Document Info Records for a whole SOLIDWORKS assembly, including all drawings in SAP with just a few mouse clicks.
- Fully integrated in SolidWorks Feature Tree
- SAP-BOMs can be created directly from SolidWorks
- Bidirectional update of properties - e.g., raw material, weight, etc.
- Automated neutral format creation during check-in
- Common Work Directory concept enables true collaboration
- Secure storage for your SolidWorks files
- Controlled environment for versioning
- Deep integration in SAP through linking between documents and materials
- Easy search and retrieval of documents - with graphical preview