Audit Trail and History
|Video: First Look SOLIDWORKS PDM||
Maintain a complete history of your product design, engineering, and development activities for reporting and auditing purposes with SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional and SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard software. The system records actions taken on designs, documents, and files, as well as any system configuration changes. The cornerstone of a document and process management system is the ability to track changes and provide a complete history of a product’s development. With SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional software, you can easily determine:
- Who made a change?
- What was changed?
- Why was it changed?
- When did the change occur?
Whenever you modify a design or document, SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional maintains complete document control and tracks the entire history of the project, providing a complete audit trail and a history of product development. SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional:
- Automatically creates a completely new version every time a document is checked into the vault
- Stores old versions for future access, maintaining a complete file and document history
- Tracks all electronic workflow activities, including status, changes, approvals, and electronic signatures
- Records individual actions taken on documents, as well as system configuration changes
- Provides comprehensive reporting capabilities, enabling you to summarize and present project information for reporting and auditing purposes (SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional only)