|Video: Introduction to SOLIDWORKS PDM for Medical||
Focus on innovative product development by managing design revisions more effectively with SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional or SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard software. Track changes, maintain a complete revision history of a design’s evolution, and avoid the errors of manual approaches. SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional revision management tools include:
Ensure the revision process stays organized by electronically configuring your revision management scheme.
- Match your current process, or establish a new method
- Apply company-defined standards for revision properties to files, automatically and systematically using unique combinations of numbers, letters, or special characters to drive title block and bill of materials (BOM) information
- Control file access by revision level so that users can’t access out-of-date revisions or release them to manufacturing
Automated File Versioning
Easy-to-use tools enable management of disk space and user access while ensuring important files aren’t overwritten or deleted.
- Automatically creates a completely new version each time a document is checked into the vault
- Control user access to previous versions or permit users to load previous versions on-demand while working in SOLIDWORKS
- Schedule automatic archiving of old versions to free up disk space and limit access
- Apply unique version comments to files to explain specific changes made in each version
Take advantage of electronic approvals to update revisions even when the approval comes from someone who doesn’t have or use SOLIDWORKS.
- Update SOLIDWORKS files without opening them in SOLIDWORKS or even having SOLIDWORKS installed on your computer
- Execute document approvals and update title blocks by non-CAD users, like managers and project leaders