|Video: SolidWorks Sustainability||
CAD-embedded SolidWorks Sustainability software enables designers and engineers to perform real-time environmental assessment as part of the product design process. You can quickly evaluate the environmental impacts of product designs, reduce material and energy usage, and incorporate sustainable design practices to save time and money, and gain an important strategic advantage over competitors by quickly capturing and acting on environmental impacts assessment information.
Sustainable Design Overview
SolidWorks Sustainability provides actionable environmental results by measuring the environmental impacts of individual designs across the product life cycle—including the effects of material, manufacturing, assembly, and transportation. Using industry-standard life cycle assessment (LCA) criteria, the software generates instantaneous feedback at a fraction of the time and cost of a typical assessment. In addition to helping you reduce production costs and develop greener products, environmental assessment can lower the total cost of ownership (TCO) of your products by evaluating potential transportation, usage, and disposal effects.
Manufacturing Cost Reductions
Reduce manufacturing costs related to material and energy usage by conducting environmental impacts assessments.
- Track environmental progress as you work to lightweight your products. Redesigning the geometry for equivalent strength with less material or choosing a material that requires less energy for production can carve costs out of your process. SolidWorks Sustainability factors the cost of extracting and processing raw materials into your material purchasing costs, enabling you to save money while improving the sustainability of designs.
- Environmental impacts assessment goes beyond material impacts and evaluates additional manufacturing and assembly inputs, such as electrical energy consumption, heat energy usage, and material scrap rates. View industry averages for these manufacturing impacts or input your own custom manufacturing data to assess the environmental impacts and potential cost reductions associated with designing your product for cleaner manufacturing.
- Reduce the costs of distribution and transportation of materials—as well as the expenses incurred by customers—by using SolidWorks Sustainability to examine various multimodal shipping options.
Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
Increase customer satisfaction by using environmental impacts assessment to reduce the costs related to the purchase of your products.
- Take steps to reduce customer energy use (and related maintenance expenses) by using SolidWorks Sustainability to determine the energy your product consumes. Your cost estimates can point the way toward savings.
- Disposal or tipping fees at the end of product life add costs to your products. Assess end-of-life impacts—and work toward reducing them—by using environmentally benign and recyclable materials. Model environmental impacts across various design lifetimes and usage durations, demonstrating ways to lessen impacts, and cut energy costs by extending your product’s lifespan.
Automatic Environmental Reports
Communicate the environmental impacts of your products to coworkers, partners, and customers with SolidWorks Sustainability automatic reporting capability.
- Instantly generate reports that show the environmental impacts of your designs and demonstrate the verifiable steps taken to minimize environmental impacts for your customers.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of your product design by showing its sustainability profile, design alternatives comparison, and the impact breakdown of complex assemblies .
Share Sustainability Data
Publish and share valid data on the success of your sustainable design practices.
- Share a professional-quality Sustainability Report with environmentally minded customers including your company branding and a glossary of environmental terms.
- Automatically share the environmental metrics of your designs with your suppliers and customers by embedding SolidWorks Sustainability data directly into your CAD files.
Accurate and Reliable Environmental Data
SolidWorks Sustainability results are accurate, reliable, and credible.
- Sustainability reports use peer-reviewed, industry-standard life cycle assessment (LCA) methodology .
- SolidWorks Sustainability software utilizes data and models from the industry-leading GaBi Environmental Database from PE INTERNATIONAL, which can be automatically updated from within SolidWorks software.
Internal and External Communications
SolidWorks Sustainability reports support both internal and external communication requirements.
- By addressing key industry-standard environmental indicators, SolidWorks Sustainability software provides common terminology and metrics for measuring internal progress toward sustainability goals.
- Communicate sustainable design progress to external audiences quickly and easily using the automatic, fully customizable sustainability report generation tools in SolidWorks Sustainability software.
- Sustainability parameters and results are embedded within the SolidWorks model, enabling you to share information with suppliers or customers.