360 Grader Product Design
- Shortened product design time by 30 percent
- Lowered product development costs by 30 percent
- Helped to improve product quality by 30 percent
- Enabled product innovation, leading to 20-percent increase in market share
- Decreased the number of ECOs by 20 percent
- Cut prototype costs by 20 percent
- Eliminated 10 percent of scrap
One of the largest product design agencies in Norway, Oslo-based 360 Grader Product Design serves clients in businesses ranging from packaging and domestic products to military and medical equipment. To differentiate itself from competitors, 360 Grader needed to be able to deliver production-ready files. SolidWorks CAD software enabled the firm to do this, and, together with SolidWorks Simulation, allowed it to offer clients a complete product development solution.
The company chose SolidWorks because of many factors. SolidWorks CAD software was easy to learn and was used by companies around the globe. As a a result, with SolidWorks it was easy to communicate files to both co-workers and clients and to deliver production-ready files to clients. Lofting and surfacing capabilities enabled the design team to create complex shapes more easily, and with the embedded SolidWorks Simulation software, the firm's designers could perform heat analysis to ensure product quality. Using SolidWorks also helped the firm to improve its competitivenss. Designing the PREMACARE incubator in SolidWorks CAD software enabled 360 Grader Product Design to prove it is a major player for designing and developing medical equipment in Norway.