CSWA – Sustainability
The completion of the Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate Sustainability (CSWA-Sustainability) exam shows that you have successfully demonstrated your understanding of the principles of environmental assessment and sustainable design.
Employers can be confident that an individual with this certification understands the principles of environmental assessment and sustainable design.
Recommended Self-paced Training:
Thoroughly review the Sustainable Design Guide at www.solidworks.com/sustainable-design.
Exam Length: 60 minutes
Minimum Passing Grade: 80%
Re-test Policy: There is a minimum 14 day waiting period between every attempt of the of the CSWA-Sustainability exam. Also, a CSWA-Sustainability exam credit must be purchased for each exam attempt.
All candidates receive electronic certificates and personal listing on the CSWA directory* when they pass.
The CSWA-Sustainability Exam features theory-based questions in many of these areas:
- Introductory concepts of sustainability and sustainable business
- Broad sustainable design concepts, such as Design for Disassembly (DfD), Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR), and Biomimicry
- The stages of a product life cycle
- Considerations for properly setting up an Environmental Assessment study, such as environmental indicators, scope of the assessment, and metrics to use
- Goal and Scope variables for an Environmental Assessment study, such as system boundary and functional unit
- Common tools for performing Environmental Assessments, such as Product Scorecards and Life Cycle Assessment
- Basic steps for performing a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) study
- Interpreting the results of a product Environmental Assessment
- Universal strategies for sustainable design
- Proper communication of environmental assessment results and use of environmental marketing claims (green marketing)
*This option must be set in your online certification account to show up in the directory.
**Login required for access. Full access requires an active Subscription Service contract.