A Certified SOLIDWORKS Expert is someone who easily demonstrates the ability to utilize advanced functions and features to solve complex modeling challenges.
A CSWE will be well rounded in their knowledge of all areas of the SOLIDWORKS software. A CSWE is able to solve practically any modeling problem given to them, and is traditionally the go-to SOLIDWORKS user among their colleagues.
To qualify to take the CSWE exam, a candidate must have:
- Successfully passed the CSWP exam
- Successfully passed at least four of the CSWP advanced topic exams (Sheet Metal, Weldments, Surfacing, Mold Tools, and Drawing Tools)
The CSWE exam is meant to be the most challenging exam we offer, so therefore no sample exam is provided. If the exam is not successfully passed, you will have to wait 180 days to retake the exam.
Exam Length: 4 hours
SolidWorks 2015 or later is required to take the exam
Minimum Passing grade: 80%
All candidates receive electronic certificates, business card logos and personal listing on CSWE directory* when they pass.
Exam may feature hands-on challenges in some of these areas:
- In-context assembly changes
- Imported part modification
- Belts and chains
- Sketch blocks
- In-context assembly design
- Sketch pictures
- Spring modeling
- Move/Copy bodies
- Split tool
- Assembly Mates
- 3D Sketch
- Advanced Weldments
- Sheet Metal Import and Modification
- Assembly Configurations
- Advanced Bill of Materials Functionality
*This option must be set in your online certification account to show up in the directory