Genuine SOLIDWORKS Software
The use of non-genuine software puts consumers and businesses at legal and technological risks, which include:
- Increased risk of civil penalties and criminal prosecution, resulting in loss of capital, reputation and credibility
- Increased risk of exposure to cyber-security threats and malwares that compromise your computers and network, resulting in the loss of confidential data and resources to rectify potential problems
- Increased risk of system failures and network outages, reducing business productivity and loss of opportunities
- No access to technical support, critical updates, version upgrades, and technical documentation
It is not uncommon that consumers to purchase or use non-genuine software unknowingly. Unauthorized resellers often offers non-genuine software with an attractive package to entice unknowing customers into purchasing.
Avoid online marketplaces, websites and peer-to-peer networks that offer SOLIDWORKS software for free or at a discounted price.
Adopt Software Asset Management standards and best practices to manage your company’s software lifecycle and reduce the risks of litigation that arise from non-compliance issues.
You can report the suspected non-compliant reseller here.
As a worldwide 3DEXPERIENCE Company, we discover companies inadvertently use unlicensed software due to a lack of proper software asset management and software procurement policies. This in turn puts them at risk of liability from improper software license usage.
We recommend companies to carry out a regular review of your organization’s software usage to ensure that you remain protected and compliant.
- Uninstall the non-genuine software from your machine
- Replace it with a SOLIDWORKS Genuine software
- Report the suspected non-compliant reseller, marketplace or website where you bought the non-genuine software
Genuine SOLIDWORKS software comes with access to the latest features, updates and upgrades, technical support and a plethora of information and resources. In addition, free certification exams are available to validate your team’s skills and highlight areas of training for improved productivity.