The first level in the SOLIDWORKS Partner Product Program is becoming a Research Associate. This is required to become a Certified Solution Partner and to achieve Gold Product certification.
Who can apply?
Companies that have, or plan to have, a product or service for sale to the SOLIDWORKS customer base.
NOTE: Research Associate participation is limited to two years. After this time, SOLIDWORKS expects that you have launched your product, have commercial customers, and have submitted an application to become a Certified Solution Partner. If for some reason you have a change in plans or are otherwise not able to release your product to the SOLIDWORKs community within two years, the relationship simply ends. You are welcome to re-apply to the SOLIDWORKS Partner Product Program at any time.
How to apply:
- Download and complete the Partner Program Application Questionnaire.
Carefully complete the questionnaire as your responses will be used in the overall evaluation of your application and the review process. Your application will not be considered until the questionnaire has been received.
- Email the completed Partner Program Application Questionnaire to Partners@solidworks.com.
The email subject line must include: Research Associate Application Questionnaire + [your Company Name]
- Complete and submit the online Research Associate Application and Partner Program Agreement.
- Applicants will be required to accept the Partner Program legal terms and conditions in the agreement.
- Applicants agree to ship their product to SOLIDWORKS or to demonstrate its conformace with the program.
- Following application review*, you will receive notification from SOLIDWORKS whether your application has been accepted.
*NOTE: The SOLIDWORKS Partner Program was created to promote third-party development of products and services designed to maximize the productivity of SOLIDWORKS customers, as well as to promote tools that significantly complement the SOLIDWORKS product portfolio. Submitting an application to advance to the next level in the SOLIDWORKS Partner Program requires completing additional application tasks, in addition to more reviews and approvals by SOLIDWORKS. Please allow 4-6 weeks to verify that your product will advance our mission of addressing the needs of the SOLIDWORKS community. Thank you in advance for your patience.
Research Associate benefits:
As a Research Associate you will:
- Receive a copy of the latest version of SOLIDWORKS to use during the research and development phase of your SOLIDWORKS-compatible product.
- Gain access to the SOLIDWORKS Application Programming Interface (API) support team and resources for assistance as you develop your product.
- Obtain a user name and password to access the Partner Desktop—a secure web site with partner marketing information, technical resources, and online store where you may purchase additional SOLIDWORKS licenses.