Direct Model Editing
|Video: Direct Model Editing||
Direct Model Editing Overview
Easy-to-use direct model editing enables designers to quickly make changes to their 3D model:
- Direct Edit Toolbar enables you to copy, move, split, replace, offset, push, and drag geometry to create the result you want.
- Patterns instantly create SolidWorks features, faces, and solid bodies with a simple click made directly on the geometry to be patterned.
- Direct Edit capabilities automatically convert non-native, imported model geometry into intelligent SolidWorks features that can be modified parametrically or through direct geometry manipulation.
- Instant3D capabilities let you drag geometry and dimension manipulators to create and modify features.
- Live Section capabilities can be used to dynamically section models with any plane and then drag the section outline to make a change in the 3D model. Click on the model and then you can move, copy, and rotate surfaces and solid bodies to modify geometry.